Friday, July 16, 2010

Sharing My Toys...

While I have started this blog to reach out to the professional community and attempt to build a Personal (and/or Professional) Learning Network, I had started a blog about a year ago to improve communication with the parents of the students in my class with moderate to intensive special needs (autism, Down syndrome, cognitive disabilities, genetic disorders like 2q37 Deletion syndrome, hearing impairments, etc.).  My students currently range in age from 5 to 9, grades Kindergarten through Third.  I have been able to share articles, information, reminders, photos, and more with this Classroom Blog.  I'd like to share it here:

Miss Kolis' Room 5 Blog

While I feel that our classroom blog improved parent/grandparent communication, I was also searching out an easier way to communicate websites to my students and special education aides without continuously programming them into each computer's bookmarks, writing them in the lesson plans, posting them on notes near the doorway, etc., etc.  In order to do this, I created a homepage where our students access links (on the left side of the page) and our aides access links (on the right side of the page). I'd like to share that here:

Room 5 Homepage

Lastly, I created a page of links for a series of technology classes that I taught to our district's (Brecksville-Broadview Heights City Schools in Brecksville, OH) teachers this summer.  I'd like to share that as well:

Teaching (and Differentiating) with Technology 2010

Please use these links as you like!

No comments: