A list. Of my 2014 favorites!!!
(Disclaimer: of course my family and friends are also on my favorites list, but I'm not going there tonight....)
20. Law & Order SVU. This show will never grow old. 100% of me will be forever indebted to my sister for insisting that I begin watching... And although I miss Stabler, Benson has been holding it down.
19. Instagram. I wish more people would use Instagram. Much easier than FB and less explanation needed.
18. Lady Gaga's album called ART POP. This album has gotten me through the year of difficulty and growth and fun and... I just love it.
17. The Cleveland Browns. I would like to put them closer to the number 2ish spot, but just cannot. Too much drama this year with not enough winning. But they're still a favorite (NOT including JFF).
16. Losing 25 pounds this year. Although it should be closer to #1, but I can't spend too much time there since I have a few more (or 40 more) lbs to go..
15. Leggings. Although I have not worn my leggings out of the house but two times so far this year, I do enjoy the comeback of the legging.
14. The Real Housewives. I could watch any city at any time in any rerun. I'm not proud of this. But thanks Bravo.
13. Goodreads. I set a reading challenge goal of reading 21 books this year. I failed BUT I did read 15 books! This is more "books for fun" than I normally get to read and my goal for next year will be more realistic at 16. Here are the books I read in 2014:
- The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank
- Mockingbird by Kathryn Erskine
- The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion
- The Best of Me by Nicholas Sparks
- Dark Places by Gillian Flynn
- Allegiant by Veronica Roth
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
- Insurgent by Veronica Roth
- Functional Behavioral Assessment, Diagnosis, and Treatment: A Complete System for Education and Mental Health Settings by E. Cipani
- Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah
- Divergent by Veronica Roth
- First Love by James Patterson
- Remember Me? By Sophie Kinsella
- Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
- The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult
12. Summer. Man, I love summer. And I may have never loved summer as much as in 2014. Seriously. Summer.
11. The MIchael Kors boots I got for my birthday. If I was superficial, I would say something like "they are everything." But I'm not. So I won't say that.
10. Being 33 and owning it. I may have some grey hair and some arthritis, but I also am growing more and more secure and caring less and less about others' opinions of me.
9. Sleeping in.
8. Texting. It will never get old to me. And texting one of my BFFs to laugh at posts on Facebook or to tell about another outlandish comment overheard at work... Priceless.
7. The elliptical with the built in TV at the Y. Thank you to whomever invented this.
6. Art. Making it, admiring it, viewing it... Mostly making it.
5. Bentley and Otis. My dogs. We call them "people dogs" because they seem offended when we call them just dogs. What do people without dogs do? How do they live?
4. LeBron James and July 11th, 2014. Welcome home, King!
3. Twitter. I love twitter so much I could marry it.
2. The Cleveland Cavaliers. If they had won tonight, they could've been #1, but we took a tough loss tonight. But K Love, Kyrie, TT, Dion, and LBJ grace my tv night after night. Say it with me "Lets. Go. Cavs."
1. Soulcraft. This woodshop/hang out/art studio/opportunity for both professional and personal development has been irreplaceable.